This is not true for every one every where, but most of my religious friends are tolerant to homosexuality and homosexuals (I’d say 90%). I think in England attitudes to homosexuality in places where people are less educated is very bad.
My step-dad, for example, is an atheist (and pro-choice not that it matters). Not an atheist like my atheist followers are (i.e. Not an ass about it) but he thinks religion is silly, but he respects religious people. That said, he is mind blowingly homophobic. If you’ve watched Britain’s Got Talent this year, you may remember the galmbassedors <- link. I’m about 90% sure they’re all gay I mean just look. And even if they’re not gay, that’s camp dancing.
Anyway so during that my step Dad said “Now that’s just wrong in my opinion” and that started a 5 minute long argument between me and him about whether gay people dancing camply is wrong or not and I just couldn’t believe the shit he was spewing.
Anyway, he’s an atheist. He’s homophobic (and I mean these dudes weren’t fucking eachother were they? :L) and yeah.
So I’m just saying not all atheists are these magical tolerant enlightening beings sent down from heaven* to bring peace to mankind.
- thisclumsyform reblogged this from theraginghottruth
- yukithemeddler reblogged this from secular-stance
- dogyi likes this
- hazchembill likes this
- guri-zuri likes this
- epicpenguindinosaurs reblogged this from theraginghottruth
- epicpenguindinosaurs likes this
- theraginghottruth reblogged this from that-mouthy-christian and added:
- secular-stance reblogged this from that-mouthy-christian and added:
- that-mouthy-christian posted this